The NC Alliance for Women Reentrants and their Children will hold their monthly meeting on May 17th from 10am to 12pm at First Presbyterian Church in Raleigh. During this meeting, guest speaker Kay Sanford will be in attendance. Sanford is a former state injury epidemiologist and current NC Harm Reduction Coalition volunteer who works in NC prisons/jails. She will review the steps to help those who use drugs or know people who use drugs, the tenets of harm reduction, opioids in the body, and strategies to mitigate the collateral damage from drug use. Please RSVP to Emily Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read by Topic
- Are Corporations the Cause for Incarceration? No, but Capitalism Might Be.
- What I Learned from Court Observations in Forsyth County
- The Death Penalty
- Free Criminal Justice Reform Forum in Raleigh to Feature CJPC Staff
- Listen to CJPC Executive Director Dawn Blagrove’s Interview on WNCU 90.7 Legal Eagle Review
- CJPC Shares Common Sense Policing Reforms at NC NAACP Convention
- Filter Provides In-Depth Look at the The Power and Prejudice of DAs on Drugs
- CJPC Supports and Strategizes with Stop Killing Us
- Midterm Wins for Reform Means Change is Possible — with Your Help!
- MATCH and Pharoah’s Daughter Provide Much Needed Services to Incarcerated Women and their Families
- NPR Series Explores Discipline and Women In Prison
- Prison Policy Initiative Examines Housing Insecurity Among Formerly Incarcerated Individuals
- Join Us in Celebration of a New Vision for CJPC
- Haywood and Jackson Become First Counties to Pilot Pretrial Release Program
- Kalief Browder Documentary on Netflix Paints Vivid Portrait of a Broken, Inhumane Justice System